On 2010-07-18 15:42, Jonas Maebe wrote:
On 18 Jul 2010, at 13:14, Žilvinas Ledas wrote:

I want to use it this way:
1) Gel all @unitname.function addresses.
2) Use disassembler to find nearest next RET.
3) Then I assume that I have start and end of the function in the binary file.

It works at least for the concept-showing app with some functions and enabled
optimizations when compiling. Do I have some conceptual flaw?
Yes: there is no guarantee that a function will contain only one "ret" (it is
that way currently for compiler-generated code, but that can change at any time).
I understand that there can be more than one "ret" and I know current version of compiler generates only one so at least for now I am OK.
Thanks Jonas for your answers!

P. S. I was unable to get any info with "nm" utility from MinGW.

Regards
Žilvinas