Eduardo wrote:

I was thinking about it, passing data and parameter types to generic
modules. a) I can force to have all modules the same input/output entry
point parameters.
b) I can force to register the entry point parameters from data pool
(which data the module need from all data the app has)

The first is easier and moves complexity to module developer, the
second is easier and more flexible to module developer but more complex
to me, perhaps using SOAP like config.

You need one, guaranteed, entry point per module which returns the version. If you could organise it such that each module is in its own subversion branch (?) but that the interface definitions were stored separately then you might have something usable, /but/ it would rely entirely on strict adherence to coding conventions rather than being enforced by the compiler and runtimes.

I suspect that the "right" way of doing this would be to use CORBA or similar, but I don't know (a) how arduous setting up the IDL description would be and (b) whether that would invariably open sockets etc. even if it were intended to be a local interface.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk