22.12.2010 21:22, Thierry Coq wrote:
Hello,
I've started looking into Delphi 2010 RTTI scheme. For example, superobject uses it. Delphi 2010 declares a whole new API for RTTI. Would it be possible to reproduce the interface of this API and implement it using the existing RTTI system in FPC?
Yes, it will be possible. But there are few problems:
1. compiler does not produce required information. It already produces more than was needed for D7 compatibility but still less than D2010. 2. new switches needs to be added to compiler to tune what kind of info to generate in rtti 3. another thing is rtti unit. At the moment it can't be compiled in fpc because it intensively uses extended record syntax. Good thing is I'm currently implementing this syntax extensions in FPC. You already can play with methods and visibility sections in records but it is still not enough to be able to compile rtti unit.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin