Den 18-12-2010 11:13, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho skrev:
ahahah, I was writing an answer in my phone, but then gave up.
Probably hit the send button by accident.

Anyway, yes, I had also seen that one and it is a step in the right direction =)

I haven't yet fully understood how this new APIs work, hopefully they
are C APIs, if they are C++ APIs then it is just better to make Java
calls like I can already do now. Another problem is that it doesn't
solve the main issue which is that Android does not officially support
running native programs, they need to be libraries. Of course I
ignored this and managed to run native programs, but that's another
story.

In short I don't think that I will change my development strategy for
now, specially since I already bought a Android 2.1 phone and I can
write Pascal apps for it at the moment and I don't plan on dropping
support for it at the moment.

Of course that I might migrate to use this newer possibilities when I
have exhausted that my current strategy can provide =)

They are C APIs indeed. I just took a stab at it, and after a long day of pointer errors in converted C code and really, really badly descriptions of error messages, I managed to port the example from here http://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/NativeActivity.html to FPC

Code here: http://j-software.dk/android.zip
Simply run lazbuild test.lpi in the jni dir, and then run ant debug/ant install in the root dir

The NativeActivity class allows you to load a shared library and run an exported method without any Java code at all. Then it's just a matter of converting all the required Android headers, and repurposing the existing Unix units(lots of libnames are different) and you can have a pretty non-hacky interface to lowlevel stuff from FPC.

Of course this doesn't solve any of the user interface problems, but I'm pretty sure it's a way better solution than copying applications and piping data to and from them