Am 07.02.2011 15:16, schrieb Andrew Brunner:
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 7:35 AM,<michael.vancann...@wisa.be>  wrote:
A cross-platform solution is to use one of libsee or BESEN.

The latter is implemented in 100% native Object Pascal.

Michael.
BESEN is very, very, very  well written but I can't seem to get any
indication how to use it in my project.  I would love FPC to include a
JIT system for JS or Pascal.  IMO, FPC absolutely needs a scripting
FCL going forward.  BESEN seems like the right guy for the job, but I
suspect he's burned out :-(  I think he had memory concerns too.

Does anyone have any BESEN examples that integrated actual FPC units?
It seems like all the samle js units are self contained with no
interface to system or GUI units.

Including JS support on my project would enable people to leverage
exiting "proven" technologies which would make for easier/allowable
for adoption in working groups / houses where selection of language is
restricted to language of the day :-)  Taking this statment and
applying this across the board, it would be an easier sell for
adoption of FPC/Lazarus with JIT support.  Personally, I'm thinking
along the lines of Web RAD down the road...
Have you looked at the BESENShell.dpr/BESENShell.lpr? Because that contains the most important part, how you can integrate own API stuff. And the last commit to the BESEN SVN was just a few days ago with a few weeks pause, because I've found no bugs and got no bugreports in that time.

Benjamin 'BeRo' Rosseaux