30.04.2011 3:28, leledumbo wrote:
I see now that generics have improved a lot since latest release, we even
have Delphi compatible syntax in Delphi mode. Recursive generic type is
supported as well now (finally, I can continue my data structure library
:)). Seeing these facts, what's the status of this feature now? Is it
considered stable?--
No, they are not stable. FPC generic syntax may change. But you can rely on delphi syntax (as we can't change it) with few limitations at the moment: - no multiply generics with the same identifier and different amount of type parameters [1],
 - no generic methods,
 - no type constraints.

Also I may forgot something.

About [1] - in delphi it is possible to define different generics with the same identifier and different amount of type parameteres (even in the same unit). E.g.
TList = class ...; TList<T> = class ...; TList<T, TT> = class ...;

Then you can declare variables with any of that types. E.g.
var
  L: TList;
  LI: TList<Integer>;
  LIO: TList<Integer,TObject>

As I know Sven will work to support this and other missing generics features.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin