I have a desktop with a 64bit AMD x4 Phenom processor. I have noticed that FreePascal programs perform worse on this computer then they do on my 32 bit laptop. Integer performance seems to be about 3 times worse then on the laptop. Now if I convert the pascal source to c and compile that as follows:

gcc -O3 -funroll-all-loops -o MyExecutable MySource.c

The performance is many times better then with FreePascal. I assume that gcc is compiling to 64 bit here and generating an optimizing for the AMD processor. Is there a way to do something similar with Free Pascal?

Thanks,    Terry