On 5/26/2011 13:36, Takashi Ishikawa wrote:
Hello, all

I'm writing apache module with fpc.

When I compile my program on fpc 2.4.4, Apache terminate immediately.
But on fpc 2.2.4, Apache and my module will work fine.

Code is compiled with no problem. Apache can load module. But the
running has problem.

Is there anyone who running a module compiled with fpc 2.4.x on Apache?

I tested some envirment:
- OS: CentOS 5.5 / Fedora 12
- Apache: 2.2.3 / 2.2.17
- Arch: x86_64
- FPC: 2.2.4 / 2.4.2 / 2.4.4

Test code:
-----
library lib_mod_simple;

{$ifdef fpc}
{$mode objfpc}{$H+}
{$endif}

uses SysUtils, httpd, apr;

var
mod_simple: module; public name 'mod_simple';

exports
mod_simple name 'mod_simple';

function DefaultHandler(r: Prequest_rec): Integer; cdecl;
begin
Result := DECLINED;
end;

procedure RegisterHooks(p: Papr_pool_t); cdecl;
begin
ap_hook_handler(@DefaultHandler, nil, nil, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);

FillChar(mod_simple, SizeOf(mod_simple), 0);
STANDARD20_MODULE_STUFF(mod_simple);
with mod_simple do
begin
name := 'mod_simple.so';
register_hooks := @RegisterHooks;
end;
end.
-----

Compilation options:
-----
fpc -Xs -XX -fPIC -dFPCAPACHE_2_2 -omod_simple.so mod_simple.pas
-----

LoadModule in httpd.conf:
-----
LoadModule mod_simple modules/mod_simple.so
-----

Test#1 with CentOS 5.5, Apache 2.2.3, FPC 2.2.4
-----
# gdb httpd
(gdb) r -X

Starting program: /usr/sbin/httpd -X
Detaching after fork from child process 28066.
Detaching after fork from child process 28080.

-----

Test#2 with CentOS 5.5, Apache 2.2.3, FPC 2.4.4
-----
# gdb httpd
(gdb) r -X

Starting program: /usr/sbin/httpd -X
Detaching after fork from child process 28119.

Program exited normally.

(gdb)
-----

Test with CentOS 5.5, Apache 2.2.3, FPC 2.4.2
Test with CentOS 5.5, Apache 2.2.3, FPC 2.4.4
Test with Fedora 12, Apache 2.2.17, FPC 2.4.4
same as Test#2

In test#1, it seemed to be success. When I access the webserver with
browser, apache respond normal page.

In test#2, apache shows no error. But process terminate. And when I
accessed the webserver, apache didn't respond.

It is possible to develop by using FPC 2.2.4. However, the future, I
want to compile with a newer version of FPC. Is there any idea to
running module with FPC 2.4.x?

Thanks,
Takashi

There were problems with apache modules that were fixed in the latest FPC SVN (bug report 19184). If you do not want to use the SVN versions of FPC/Lazarus, you can just download the latest packages/fcl-web/src/base/ files from SVN into your project directory and recompile your project.

Also, make sure you compile with the httpd22 directory and that FPC/Lazarus is not accidentally uses httpd13 or httpd20 . The best if you just delete these two directories from your fpc units directory.

AB