On Mon, 5 Sep 2011, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

Hi all,

Working on the SQLDB Tutorial1 on the wiki.

I'm struggling with getting dbgrid-driven inserts to work.
Using Firebird employee.fdb CUSTOMER table; CUST_NO is an integer
primary key with Firebird generator/sequence + trigger => sort of an
autonumber/autoinc field.

When inserting records with an empty CUST_NO, I get an error that
CUST_NO is required.

That is normal.

Just set the 'Required' property of the CUSTNO field to False.

Forget the 'Attributeset' property. It's not used in FPC.

(in fact, I don't even know what it's for or where it comes from)