On 18/09/2011, Reinier Olislagers  wrote:
> PS: aptitude install lazarus fpc fpc-source isn't too difficult to get
> FPC/Lazarus going in Debian either ;)

I never install binary releases of the various distro packages - they
are always out of date. Installing from source and wanting to compile,
you need all the *-devel packages, which comes standard with
Slackware. So it just works.

> Your post did remind me to check whether git is installed though, thanks ;)

Did I mention SVN and Git come standard with Slackware too. :-)

> Personally, I'd rather see some more content in the help files than yet
> another way of generating the stuff,

That's the problem for the documentation writers, not for the
documentation tools. On the topic, I can add that the FPC docs are
very good. It's class documentation from other frameworks that are
lacking.

  - Graeme -