Sven Barth wrote:

This seems to be related to building the textmode IDE.
If you don't need the textmode IDE you can try the following workaround:
Open the "Makefile" in the base directory and search for "IDE=1". Remove the "1" so that it reads "IDE=". Save the file and try again. This should stop the building (and thus its linking) of the textmode IDE.

Perhaps a "NOIDE" option should be added to the base makefile...

I'm fairly sure that somebody did something about this recently, after problems were reported building on some platforms.

I don't know how many people rely on the IDE and in particular on the debugger, even I have taken to using Lazarus for this. I think possibly that the time has come that without an explicit option to include it the debugger (i.e. calls to libgdb) should be excluded by default.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk