Something's wrong with the makefiles. I checked out the Subversion
trunk<http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk/>and ran sudo make
install.

Partway through the process, when I run "fpc" in a new terminal, I get:

$ fpc
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.7.1

But when make finishes installing, I run fpc again and get:

$ fpc
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.4.4

At some point during the installation process, an old fpc is being copied
over the new.

I've tried removing the old fpc. But when I rerun make install, the same
thing happens.

Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker
www.yellosoft.us