Why not use the previous fpc version - I guess similar to that in delphi- I
can remember an email when Jonas changed it quite a few years ago  - Jonas
must have older version -  but can't really remember the fpc version -
v1.0? My guess it could be found in either svn or more likely the older cvs
fpc archive.

John