Hi,

On 8/12/2011 8:50 μμ, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 8 December 2011 18:41, Florian Klaempfl  wrote:
And? The conclusion is what we concluded years ago: be as delphi
compatible as possible else people start to cry soon or later. The funny
thing is only that this time the people cry who didn't draw this
conclusion yet.
I'll be the first to admit, I think most of this "delphi
compatibility" is crap. But there is a BIG difference between being
compatible, and being totally unusable. Clearly many here have listed
that they use Random in a recursion function, and in such a case the
HUGE speed penalty makes the current Random() implementation
unsuitable and unusable.

it's unusable by you.

I can live currently with the current implementation or with any implementation you or someone else do.

IMHO, "Much adoe about nothing" ....

regards,
--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis