On 19 Jan 2012, at 10:38, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

Maybe you mean GetFPCHeapStatus
http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/rtl/system/getfpcheapstatus.html
There is also the Delphi compatible GetHeapStatus, but only for 32bit.

Yes, I was assuming that was necessary to get the THeapStatus block. I take it that you're confirming that this is the way to get the info, and that there aren't direct RTL calls.

The above is a direct RTL call. But note that
a) it is buggy in case of multi-threaded programs:
http://bugs.freepascal.org/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=14315
b) it won't contain any information at all if you use cmem or another memory manager that does not keep track of allocation information.

Jonas