On 2-2-2012 14:48, Henry Vermaak wrote:
> On 02/02/12 13:37, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>>
>> However, when doing the same with make install:
>> C:\development\binutils\make.exe
>> FPC="c:\development\fpcbootstrap\ppc386.exe"
>> CROSSBINDIR="C:\development\binutils" --directory="c:\development\fpc"
>> UPXPROG=echo COPYTREE=echo install
>>
>> I get
>> C:/development/binutils/make.exe -C importtl install
>> make.exe[4]: Entering directory `c:/development/fpc/utils/importtl'
>> C:/development/binutils/ginstall.exe -m 755 -d //bin
>> C:/development/binutils/ginstall.exe: cannot create directory `//bin':
>
> It's trying to create the install directory.  You probably want to
> provide it with a prefix of some sort to tell it where to do that.  Use
> INSTALL_PREFIX.
>
> Marco's buildfaq is a very good resource for building fpc:
>
> http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq.pdf

Thanks, one of the reasons I'm writing this is because I keep forgetting
what the build FAQ says, rereading it, getting confused and trying again ;)

I see I'm actually passing PREFIX=c:\development\fpc in the make install
step in my code.... I guess I should change that to
INSTALL_PREFIX=c:\development\fpc....

Thanks again,
Reinier