On 02/20/12 18:00, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using TChmWriter to pack some html files into a chm file.
> The index works. I don't have a TOC.
> Now I want a full text search.
>
> I set Writer.FullTextSearch to true, it takes a long time to
> process and the resulting chm is 30% bigger than the total of all
> files. So I guess it has created some index.

30% bigger than the size of the uncompressed html files?!

> But in lhelp I don't see a search, only the index.

There was some bug somewhere a while ago where $FIftiMain was
incorrectly searched for as $FiftiMain (i vs I) so maybe make sure lhelp
is a recent build.

> chmmaker can show a search for the example.chm, but can not find
> anything.

I attached the example.chm file that I made a couple of minutes ago
using chmmaker with the project in the example subfolder. Can you see if
it works for you? I opened it in lhelp and the toc, index and search
were all working.

Can you PM me the chm(s) that are not working for you? Also what version
of fpc are you using for which platform?

Thanks,

Andrew Haines

P.S. Sorry for the storm of emails