I think a web based page which tests the submitted file would be
better. That way everyone will be using the same latest and greatest
versioin. The chance of all committers running the same version of the
tools is virtually between nil and nothing.

PS. Is Basic HTML mode in GMail that fast?

On 01/03/2012, Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1-3-2012 10:29, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> On 1 March 2012 10:49, Reinier Olislagers  wrote:
>>>
>>> I understand why you changed it, but didn't get any error messages
>>> either - just redownloaded the original patch upload to make sure:
>>
>> Strange. I did the same test, and got lots of errors. And I get the
>> same errors if I generate CHM or HTML output too.
>>
>> --------------------------------------
>> /opt/fpc-2.7.1/x86_64-linux/bin/fpdoc --package=fcl
>> --input=/opt/fpc-2.7.1/src/packages/fcl-db/src/sqldb/interbase/ibconnection.pp
>> --descr=ibconnection.xml --output=ibconnection.ipf --format=ipf
>> FPDoc - Free Pascal Documentation Tool
>> Version 2.7.1 [2012/02/27]
>> (c) 2000 - 2003 Areca Systems GmbH / Sebastian Guenther, s...@freepascal.org
>>
>> [#fcl.IBConnection.TIBConnection] Invalid paragraph content
>> [#fcl.IBConnection.TIBConnection] Invalid paragraph content
>> [#fcl.IBConnection.TIBConnection.Dialect] Invalid description (illegal
>> XML element: "#text")
>> [#fcl.IBConnection.TIBConnection.Params] Invalid description (illegal
>> XML element: "var")
>> [#fcl.IBConnection.TIBConnection.Params] Invalid description (illegal
>> XML element: "#text")
>> [#fcl.IBConnection.TIBConnection.Params] Invalid description (illegal
>> XML element: "link")
>> [#fcl.IBConnection.TIBConnection.Params] Invalid description (illegal
>> XML element: "#text")
>> Done.
>>

>> * The first two are because you embedded an unordered list inside a
>> paragraph tag. Not allowed.
>> * .Dialact: Caused because you didn't have a <p> tag for the first
>> sentence inside the description., but
>>    you did have an encloded paragraph tag for the second sectence.
>
> Thanks, perhaps the fpdoc converter got improved a lot after fixes 2.6???
>
> Reinier

Frank Church