Marcos Douglas wrote:
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 5:42 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markmll.fpc-pas...@telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
Marcos Douglas wrote:

I know that I have to define the environment variable before or after
starting the application or IDE.
As I said, works in WinXP... but I had a little problem with a client
using Win7 so, I talked about this on lazarus-br list and asked to
somebody do the test on Win7 and they said the test did not work so, I
wrote here.

I think the absolutely crucial thing here is to ask what the relationship
between the session in which the shell/environment variable was defined, and
the FPC program.

Nothing.

If the variable is set and the program is run from the same prompt, provided
that it's not messed up by extra spaces or by e.g. an interposed
command.com, then it should work.

No. The variable is set using a install program or Windows.

In any other case it might work, and it's entirely reasonable to assume that
the extent to which variables are passed between running processes will vary
wildly with OS version.

I suggest the *first* thing to do is to confirm that the variable has stuck
by using the  set  command. After that try running the Pascal program.

No command set is used.
The variable has been created in the Windows System Variables.

In simple English: if you enter the set command, do you see the variable? If not, it's an OS or installer problem.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk