Mailed to me in person, probably meant for the mailing list.

Michael.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 13:24:58 +0200
From: David Butler <djbut...@gmail.com>
To: michael.vancann...@wisa.be
Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] XML parser

Hi

You might want to have a look at Fundamentals XML parser:
http://fundementals.sourceforge.net/dl.html

It works with Unicode and uses a stream to read the input.

Regards
David

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 8:59 AM, <michael.vancann...@wisa.be> wrote:

On Fri, 6 Apr 2012, Juha Manninen wrote:

 Hi

I have a new job.
Now I am looking for a proper XML parser for Delphi, for big XML files.
The default Delphi parser, using MS DOM, chokes badly. 4 GB memory is not
enough for it.

Question:
Does FCL-XML work with a new Unicode Delphi?

I seriously doubt it.

 Another question:
What does the license say about using FCL-XML in a commercial Delphi
project?

It's the FPC license, so perfectly OK for this.

I found a Delphi SAX parser from SourceForge. It gave errors on
Scandinavian alphabets ä, ö etc.
I commented out some hard-coded checks and finally it stopped working
completely.
Not a good parser!

There are some other choices like SimpleXML. Should I use that?

You can try OpenXML ?

Delphi's XML parser can use it. It can also use Xerxes, if I'm correct.