On Fri, May 4, 2012 17:44, dhkblas...@zeelandnet.nl wrote:
> On 4 mei '12, michael.vancann...@wisa.be wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 May
> 2012, michael.vancann...@wisa.be [3]wrote:

> executed by instantfpc when I noticed that paramstr(0) does not reflect
> the location of the script but the location of the cached executable. Is
> there a way to alter this location programatically to the script
> location? Is there an alternative way?
>>> The solution can be found on
> http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/prog/progsu38.html [2] Const
> ScriptName = {$INCLUDE FILE};
>>
>> Come to think of it, probably not
> 100% what you want.
>> It will contain the name of the temporary script
> file.
>
> Indeed,
> it's not. ScriptName will contain "configure.ppx.pas". What I want it
> that ParamStr(0) will contain the full filename to the script file
> instead of the compiled version. This should be the default behaviour
> imho b ecause it's an "executable" script and not a source file anymore.

There are two parts for a possible solution. The first part should be
feasible without major issues (with it still requires someone to do it,
e.g. provide a patch) - InstantFPC could add the name of the original
script (including full path) as a predefined constant into the Pascal
source while extracting it from the original script file.

If you insist on receiving this path as ParamStr (0) result, it gets a bit
more complicated. Basically, the only at least partly reasonable solution
coming to my mind is having InstantFPC added a new function ParamStr
locally to the script during extraction of the "temporary script" (aka
Pascal source file). This overridden ParamStr function would then call
System.ParamStr for all values except for ParamStr (0). This isn't much
more difficult than just adding the constant described above, but it
wouldn't solve cases like explicit reference to System.ParamStr (0). Also,
any other RTL/FCL/... functions using ParamStr (0) (which may be in turn
used from your script) would still refer to the standard System.ParamStr
(0). You may not like it, but at least it wouldn't break existing standard
functionality like enhanced backtraces when compiled with -gl (btw, adding
the local ParamStr on a single source line would even allow these
backtraces to refer to the correct line numbers from the original script
file ;-) ).

Tomas