On Saturday 05 May 2012 18:15:51 Krzysztof wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ObjectBinaryToText method can save object structure to string, but how
> save only some propertys? I could use RTTI and TypeInfo, but
> ObjectBinaryToText can parse property hierarchy
> (Propery1.Subproperty1.Color etc). Or how I can save and read object
> from string without object name?
> Example: I am creating simple theme manager which save settings of
> some control (e.g. TEdit) and must read it not paying attention to the
> component name (Edit1, Edit2, Edit3 etc...) Must work like a template.

tskinmanager of MSEgui does something similar, see
lib/common/kernel/mseskin.pas.
Every MSEgui component has the procedure updateskin() which normally will be
called after loading the form. tmsecomponent.updateskin() calls the global
oninitskinobject handler which is assigned to the active <tskincontroller>
which updates the default values of the component according to the skin
settings. Values which are already set by the form resources normally are not
changed so it is possible to define component specific exceptions to the
current theme, for instance a specific color, frame or font.

objectbinarytotext() converts from binary streamed data written by twriter to
a human readable text representation, it does not scan the properties,
twriter.writeproperties() does this. The whole Delphi/FPC component streaming
system is very locked because of the many private fields and procedures. I
think it is difficult to use it as base for your undertaking.

Martin