Rainer Stratmann wrote:

On 27.08.2012 15:33, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
Am Monday 23 March 2009 15:51:24 schrieb Jonas Maebe:
Rainer Stratmann wrote on ma, 23 mrt 2009:
Would this be possible?

It is one of my great ideas to simplify programming.
But every time Jonas reflexively look in his arsenal of tools and try to shot me down with them.

No doubt it is, but that still doesn't give you an excuse to quote a three-year-old thread without enough context to explain why you're trying to do what you're trying to do. And it definitely doesn't give you an excuse to be rude about Jonas, when in actual fact multiple experienced developers had pointed you at a solution.

Looking at the earlier thread, what you appear to be suggesting is some way of using $i for pulling binary data into your program. However, $i is by definition for including source fragments, if you want to merge something that cannot be a valid source fragment (e.g. because it contains illegal characters, or because sequences such as \n\r must be preserved) then it's outside the remit of the compiler and you should be bothering the developers of ld etc. :-)

I fairly regularly ask peculiar questions, for reasons that might make sense to me but not to others. I've generally got the grace to respect core developers' recommendations and to recognise that they've got other things to get on with- including a job to keep them fed and clothed.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk