On 20-9-2012 13:49, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> On 20-9-2012 13:34, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

>>> I have run it with D2007, DXE, DXE2 Win32 and DXE2 Win64, all gave the
>>> following result:
>>>
>>> tw19610: sdf tests succeeded
>
> Thanks, uploaded test program for inclusion in the FPC test suite in bug
> 19610.

Just ran test program on Linux x64 before and after applying the patch
in 19610.
Before: 5 test groups failed (all with StrictDelimiter:=true), including
the test that write out strings to delimitedtext, reads them back in and
compares them. In other words: saving strings to file and reading back
can be unreliable.

After: all tests passed (and behaviour is the same as Delphi).

Also added draft text for
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User_Changes_Trunk#Unit_changes

I think this patch is quite ready to be committed (patch, test suite
test - confirmed with various Delphi versions, positive test results,
change notice)... if Marco is too busy, perhaps somebody else could
commit it?

That would certainly ease taazz' (and my) efforts on the forum to
improve sdfdataset.

Thanks,
Reinier