Am 09.11.2012 20:53, schrieb waldo kitty:
when you add additional libraries to your FPC and/or Lazarus
installation, how do you normally do it? where do you normally place them?

i'm thinking of libraries like synapse, fpGUI, tiOPF and similar...

It depends. If the libraries contains GUI elements (which requires an installation in lazaurus), I put them under

  lazarus/3rdparty/$PACKAGENAME

Non-visual units like synapse, I put under a /libs directory in the specific project. So every project could have an other version of the library.

project1/libs/synapse <- contains version 39 of synapse
project1/libs/tidypas <- last version of tidy pascal wrapper

project2/libs/synapse <- contains version 40 of synapse

In this case, I also have the libs in my subversion repository.

Michael