Reinier Olislagers wrote:
On 22-12-2012 19:00, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
Can somebody please lend me a hand making three sets of calls to (I
think) ibase60dyn.pp please. I've written functions to make and poll
asynchronous notifications for PostgreSQL, but I need the corresponding
code for Firebird.

If somebody could point me at (Pascal) examples I'd appreciate it,
otherwise I could post my existing fragments here if somebody was
prepared to look at them and tell me what needs changing.

Perhaps the fb events code Ludo Brands wrote could be useful?

- Example code:
packages\fcl-db\examples\fbeventstest.pp
- The source
packages\fcl-db\src\sqldb\interbase\fbeventmonitor.pp
- the equivalent for PostgreSQL:
packages\fcl-db\src\sqldb\postgres\pqeventmonitor.pp

Thanks Reinier, I'll dig into that later (I might be back). What I'm trying to do is use PostgreSQL as the primary backend for something, but allow for Firebird as a local cache since it's generally considered to be a bit lighter-weight.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk