Marco van de Voort wrote:
In our previous episode, Jonas Maebe said:
with an appropriate definition of the + operator without risk that an error
would try to evaluate it as an ordinary arithmetic expression?
We don't have constant to identify a qNaN.

From math:

       NaN = 0.0/0.0;
       Infinity = 1.0/0.0;
       NegInfinity = -1.0/0.0;

but of course that is just notation/convention (that 0.0/0.0 as literal
evaluates to NaN), it doesn't mean all archs do.

Thanks for that. Initial experiment using a NaN real or nil pointer throws an exception as soon as it's passed as the parameter which I suppose is not entirely surprising. Using varnull as a placeholder seems safest, although it looks as though I can't initialise a variant at declaration... WTH, it's just a toy for the moment at least.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk