On 08/05/13 16:45, Marco van de Voort wrote:
In our previous episode, Jonas Maebe said:
svn) and probably hasn't worked correctly in 10 years or so (if it
ever worked really correctly, given that adding -Xd to OPT never
never
was correct).
It was the best that could be done then.
The best that could have been done was to add -Xd to CROSSOPT, not to
OPT.
IIRC that didn't exist outside cycle then.
And it did work, because back then,
with the exception of darwin, nothing run on host linked to libc,
thus not
needing those paths. That has only changed very recently.
You're right. But in that case I don't understand why -Xt was also
present, given that this option only applies to C libraries as well.
Neither do I. It is not an option that I regularly use. Maybe it was a
workaround for the problems where later -Xr (rlink-path) was added for. IOW
cross-shared linking wasn't so easy then.

Anyway, I'll update and play with it in the coming times. I had already
planned to spend some time on the buildfaq, and this is good training.

I have a flexible script based on that which I am currently tweaking to make it work again. Once I am more or less satisfied with it, and if you are interested, I can send it to you. I burned my fingers with cross compiler building until Jonas saved my day. Maybe I can save others the same grief.

Stephano