On 23 May 2013, at 14:25, Bruce Tulloch wrote:

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.ma...@elis.ugent.be >wrote:

On 23 May 2013, at 14:10, Bruce Tulloch wrote:

Linking arm-test-threads
/usr/local/lib/fpc/2.7.1/
units/arm-linux/rtl/cthreads.**o: In function
`CTHREADS_$$_LOADPTHREADS$$**BOOLEAN':
cthreads.pp:(.text.n_cthreads_**$$_loadpthreads$$boolean+0xc): warning:
Using
'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared
libraries from the glibc version used for linking

Why/how are you trying to create a statically linked binary? As the
message above explains, statically linking libdl relies on a bunch of
library magic. At the very least you'll probably also have to link libc
explicitly, but I would really recommend to link dynamically instead.
Support for binaries statically linked against C libraries is generally
very much untested, and known not to work on certain platforms (e.g.
Linux/x86-64).

Okay, so I'm not trying to link statically, not intentionally anyway.

Do you have a libdl.so in your library search path? And what kind of reference to libdl does link.res contain?

Jonas