Mark,
Yes, please kindly send both test executables to me.
Also, if you say the compiler has changed since last christmas, do you know how I can download the fpc sources version of last christmas?

Thanks a lot.

Dennis

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
Dennis Poon wrote:
Since I have spent days but still cannot produce a helloworld binary for MIPS big endian, I need someone to to produce that for me so I can
test it on my MIPS hardware.

I need to know at this stage whether a FPC produced program compiled for MIPS (big endian) can actually run on my hardware.
If that result is negative, I shall need a totally different approach.

I've just checked and I have big- and little-endian "Hello, World!" programs natively-compiled that run on Debian Linux on Qemu. I can send either or both if it would help, but I'd caution that they date back to around Xmas last year and something /could/ have changed with the compiler since.

Big endian (on appropriate system):

$ file test
test: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, MIPS, MIPS-II version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, stripped
$ ./test
Hello, World!

Little endian (on appropriate system):

$ file test
test: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, MIPS, MIPS-II version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, stripped
$ ./test
Hello, World!

/But/ I've got a vague recollection that somebody else had problems running on some router or other, which is one of the reasons why I fired things up at the end of last year and did some careful builds. I can't remember exactly where that one got to- I suggest that you look back through the fpc-devel and fpc-pascal archive.