On 2013-07-12 07:07, vfclists . wrote:
> Coding time is the best
> time for documentation because that is when the intent of the code is clear
> and fresh in the developers mind, and incurs minimal additional cost.

And you just said it yourself. If the developer of the code doesn't even
have the time to add code comments in his code, why do you think having
an "Comment" property would make it any better? It will not - the
developer would still not have any time.

You don't need seperate tools to create documentation - code comments
can serve as documentation. You don't even need special formatting in
code comments, because tools like Lazarus IDE can read plain text
comments and show them as documentation. Please try it yourself to see
what I mean.

Displaying your frustration publicly is not going to change anybody's
mind [as I found out many times :)], and will definitely not give the
developers magically extra time to start documenting code.

If the code you are complaining about is commercial software, complain
to them. If the code is from an open source project, then you and the
community can start the documentation.

Regards,
  - Graeme -