Reinier Olislagers wrote:
On 19/06/2012 09:51, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
The recent thread about using C headers made me think about using C++
projects.

Found that the SWIG tool converts C/C++ .h files into glue code and
bindings for e.g. Python, Modula 3... but not Delphi/Object Pascal.

It seems you get an object-oriented binding.

FYI, created wiki page
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/SWIG
to bundle information.

Thanks for that. I was looking at an interesting article yesterday on developing for the Pebble smartwatch, and wondering whether the people who write the APIs for that sort of device will without thinking use techniques that FPC would have difficulty accommodating.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/07/18/how_to_write_apps_for_the_pebble_smartwatch/

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk