Marco van de Voort wrote:
In our previous episode, Sven Barth said:
IDE shows 44 bug records. Not all of these are real bugs, because there
are also feature requests, etc., and not all bugs might be selected this
way due to incomplete or incorrect input provided by the original bug
reporter, but it gives you some indication at least.
Also some bugs might not have been reported because of a smaller user base and thus smaller test coverage...

And, a release that was the "latest" release for a much longer period of
course has a higher chance of bugs begin detected.

And IIRC 1.0.10 was one of the longest running releases.

I'm still bothered, particularly now that the subject line is "FPIDE 1.0.6". I think that it would be interesting to know *exactly* what the OP is doing to get that version number, and *exactly* how that version number is reported.

In particular, is he looking at something comparable with this:

FreePascal IDE for Linux for i386
         Target CPU: i386
    Version 1.0.12 2012/11/14

--