Hi Sven,

Thank you for comment :)   I am interested in a high level description of
how these concepts (virtual / reintroduce / overloading) differs and how
they affect programming, and I am currently not running into trouble, just
try to get a better understanding of the language.

I'll explain my question / confusions:

1)  I didn't notice that my question are related to "modes" of fpc, i.e.
turbo-pascal/delphi/objfpc.    If they are different, I would like to know
more details, and I am more interested in objfpc mode, not those
"compatibility" modes.

2) I know override / overload are completely different thing, I am not
trying to compare apple with orange.   Also, I am clear about the
definition of virtual methods and their purpose.  What I need help is to
explain the observations I found with my demo app (which is a bit different
than I expected).  For example, why we need "reintroduce" while "overload"
does the same job and better (it makes both methods available)?

Thanks,
Shannon