Am 12.09.2013 03:46 schrieb "Xiangrong Fang" <xrf...@gmail.com>:
> I have downloaded fpcbuild.zip and did 'NOGDB=1 make build', as it tell
me cannot find libgdb.a...

Just ignore the libgdb stuff. It's only needed for the textmode IDE.

> Now my question is how can I install the binaries so that it does NOT
interfere with my current 2.6.2 build?

Use the following in the source directory of a FPC 2.7.1 to install to a
directory of your choice:

make clean all install INSTALL_PREFIX=/wherever/you/want

Then copy your ~/.fpc.cfg or /etc/fpc.cfg to e.g. ~/.fpc.2.7.1.cfg and
adjust all paths in there.

To compile programs you now need the following:
- add /wherever/you/want/bin and /wherever/you/want/lib/fpc/2.7.1 to your
$PATH (maybe only temporary for your current console session)
- call fpc with the following arguments (in addition to other options you
might need): fpc -n @~/.fpc.2.7.1.cfg [other options]

Regards,
Sven