On 09/11/2013 07:22 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
I'd normally use a thread for this, but I've already got lnet's telnet client running in the program so would rather stick to the same library if possible.

AFAIK, Lnet does not do threading internally (as does AsyncPro or - partly - Indy), so if you need to wait for TCP input while doing other things in your program, you need to do your own thread, anyway.

I switched from Lnet to Synapse lately, as same seems to a lot of provide usable protocols. Synapse does not provide internal threads, either.

-Michael