Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
Is it feasible to use lnet for a simple TCP daemon on Linux, i.e. wait for a connection on a predefined port, read as much data as is available, repeat? And if so, what does the SerSock parameter to Accept() represent?

I'd normally use a thread for this, but I've already got lnet's telnet client running in the program so would rather stick to the same library if possible.

Mark,

I have done that before.

Basically, in Lnet, if you have more than 1 LTcp object, you must create your own TEventer and override its CallAction method.

Then assume your Ltcp object is myLTCP
  myLTCP.Eventer := TMyEventer.Create;

In my thread.execute
   repeat
     myLTCP.Eventer.CallAction
  until terminated;

  if you have just one ltcp then just
   repeat
     myLtcp.CallAction
  until terminated

I don't know about SerSock.  Never used it and seemed have no need for it.
Dennis