On 19.09.2013 17:28, Tomas Hajny wrote:
Now with with a new PC running Windows 8 ... the
compiler bugs. It works fine with small program .... but not with one
which executable about 1.5 Mb large (which is my case, I did not checked
till which size it works!).

My program should run in prompt command
window of any MS Windows version (compiling on XP machine, the
executable runs fine on MS Windows 8 machine)

You are lucky that your DOS application still runs OK under MS Windows 8,
but the issue you face with our compiler suggests, that you should not
expect that this will stay that way.

And especially 16-Bit applications aren't working on 64-Bit variants of Windows at all.

through bug tracker I got these informations which let me think
that the job is not simple as I expected:

                I BELIEVE THAT THE
CROSS-COMPILER SHOULD NOT BE NECESSARY AND USING THE WIN32 COMPILER
DIRECTLY SHOULD BE A BETTER OPTION (even if running under 64-bit Windows
as long as I understand it correctly). Obviously, the RTL and packages
compiled for GO32v2 are necessary, but these may be installed from our
standard FPC release for GO32v2 (as long as using the same release of
the Windows compiler, of course), and SOME ADDITIONAL TRICKS MAY BE
NECESSARY (e.g. copying the DJGPP assembler and linker to the Win32
directory with the prefix expected by FPC), but otherwise it isn't that
difficult.

It´s quite easy to understand that it is not enough to find
out my way!

Yes, it is. ;-) These are the things I didn't feel like discussing in the
bug tracker notes:

1) You don't need a cross-compiler if you don't run/use a (native) Win64
compiler under MS Windows. I assume that this is not the case, but I
couldn't know for sure - hence the "...should not be necessary...".

2) You still need at least a linker for the GO32v2 target (FPC internal
linker does not support this target) and that is the somewhat tricky part.

Hmm? Looking at compiler/systems/t_go32v2.pas I would say GO32v2 does have an internal linker?!

Regards,
Sven