On 21/09/13 18:56, wkitt...@windstream.net wrote:
On Saturday, September 21, 2013 6:27 AM, patspiper <patspi...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 21/09/13 12:15, wkitt...@windstream.net wrote:
[trim]
yeah, the singles are bad examples... i'm really wanting the multiple byte
format to work... i tried both and was told "expected string but found byte" or
"word"... it is for a translation table... in quoted-printable, everything is
equalsXX... the same codes are used in utf-8... so i thought if i could just
copy them directly into my array and then change the equals to dollar...

i ended up getting it to work by wrapping each piece with chr() but that's
really ugly visually when looking at the code to see the side by side character
and replacement tables...

a[n] := chr($C2)+chr($AD) for two byte codes...
What about a[n] := #$C2#$AD?
i haven't tried that... my understanding is that #xx depicts the decimal format
of the character...

eg : $FF == #255
It is rather #$FF which is the same as #255, like Chr(255)

Stephano