On 25/09/13 14:56, Daniel Gaspary wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 8:03 AM, Lukasz Sokol <el.es...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Seems like the more complicated elements of DOM level 3 will need DOM.pas
>> modifications too.
>
> What kind of modification ?

Uh, you got me - I don't know as I haven't started yet...
I was merely referring to what dom.pas has at the top of itself:

DOM Level 3  -  Partially implemented

so I should have phrased it differently :

"It remains to be seen whether any DOM Level 3 additions will be needed into
DOM.pas since it states it's Partially Implemented"

> I have sent this patch [1] to allow create custom descendants of
> TDomElement. You can check whether this could be useful to you.

Noted, I for now am very very early in this so I can't tell.

> I believe at least two more methods[2] need to be changed.
>
> The patch is meant to modify dom.pas, but maybe I should have made it
> to laz2_dom, as it seems to have more attention these days(being
> update to UTF8 I Believe).
(mental note: check las2_dom.)

> By the way, feedback (is a viable suggestion, no, why..?) on this
> subject would be appreciated.

Of course I will give feedback when (and if) I get any.

For now, I was merely asking, what direction the development should take,
and whether it's a good idea to make it into a Data Access palette component
like
T*DataSet, or is it 'overkill'.

> [1] http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=24860
> [2] CreateElement and CreateElementBuf