On 29/09/2013 15:24, Patrick wrote:
> I am trying to learn what Lazarus is all about but I am still clueless.
>
> There are screen shots of it being used to develop GTK and QT
> applications but I have also read that GTK 2 is new and buggy and then
> there is this line:
<snip>
> Can I build GTK 2 (or 3) and QT applications in this? Could anyone point
> me to resources on how to build GUI applications without Lazarus?

This sounds like a blast from the past.

Yes, Lazarus has been able to build GTK applications for quite a while
now, as well as Qt and Windows applications.
GTK2 is the default widgetset for Lazarus on Linux; GTK3 support
probably is more experimental.

I'd suggest simply installing it and trying it.

About building GUI applications without Lazarus: Graeme, this is your
cue! Try looking into fpgUI, MSEIDE+MSEGUI.
Presumably you could handcode pascal using the bindings to create forms
etc as well but why you would want to do that escapes me.

Good luck.