Dennis Poon  wrote / napĂ­sal(a):

Also, how do I use the procedure LoadFromStream(AStream : TStream; Format: TDataPacketFormat = dfAny)?
Especially, I don't understand the TDataPacketFormat parameter.
Using Format parameter you can signal to DatapacketReader in which format expect data (dfBinary, dfXML etc) It is not required , when not set there is procedure which tests "incoming" data using RecognizeStream method and select those DatapacketReader, which is able handle "incoming" data. In other words each registered DataPacketReader is able say if is able handle data in stream or not.
(examines begining of stream and looks for own "format identification")
-Laco.

Let me clarify. How do I SaveToStream from another TDataset descendant and LoadFromStream in TBufdataSet?

I am trying to call SaveToStream from some Delphi TDataset Descendent to to be loaded by FPC's TBufdataSet.LoadFromStream. How should I do it?
Can you try SaveToStream(..., dfXML) ?
Because Binary formats are not compatible between Delphi and FPC
But in XML should be situation better ;-)
If you encounter any incompatibility please let us know ... (and attach XML saved by Delphi + if possible any test application)
-Laco.