Michael Schnell wrote:
On 04/29/2014 06:59 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

In my case it was a MIDI filter:...
Ahh, one keyboarder more on this list :-) .

Hi to you.

Only marginally. A small and elderly Yamaha hooked up to PianoBooster and a MIDI output box, with Brighton/Bristol available as an alternative output device.

(off topic:
I once successfully tested doing MIDI/Audio VST plugins with Delphi, using an appropriate SDK that is available in the Internet. Right now I am done building a Windows embedded PC based blackbox for the sound software I use with a keyboard. Doing VS Plugins with fpc myself would be a nice option, but of course this box completely is on 64 Bit and I did not find an SDK to be used on this behalf. Did you ?
)

I remember. In my case I'm interfacing to ALSA on 32-bit x86 Linux, I found a couple of sets of declarations etc. in Pascal... I can't remember whether one of them was adequate or if I merged them in some way. It seems to me that ALSA needs a lot of housekeeping code to do comparatively simple jobs.

In part, the project was an experiment in interfacing plugins etc. I was interested to explore the extent to which a plugin could be written as both a library and as a standalone program, in an attempt to conform to the spirit of GPL (answer: on unix it can't).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk