My point N°2 regarding potential FPU difference was only concerning instruction
line
  e:=c;
=========================

I have absolutely no idea of how the compiler does translate Currency constant
to code, sorry.

May be it uses the FPU when translating from String representation to assembler
value, but I have absolutely no idea where that would be done in the compiler.

Anyway, it may be possible that the compiler uses StrToCurr or something
similar.

var cAsString:string;
.
.
cAsString:=CurrToStr(c);
c:=StrToCurr(cAsString). { <== Check after here on W98 / XP and look for
differences on value c.  That uses an FPU instruction fistpll that look as
causing some trouble to other projects (Non FPC) }

.
.

Regards, Bruno

Note : I'm interested to know what you discover since I like using Currency's
var.