Lets restate the hole thing, considering unit ncon.pas and pexpr.pas units in FPC 2.6.4
compiler.

1° It is not possible, without using some ad hoc adjustements, to have
always an EXACT CURRENCY stored in a DOUBLE or EXTENDED because Double or
Extended being expressed as Sign*2^exp*Base2(n). Just start with 0.1 to see
what I mean.
Yes I understand it

2° trealconstnode class stores the currency_literal value to value_real
(type bestreal) then converts it to value_currency either in the
trealconstnode.create or sets it in pexpr.pas  function
factor(getaddr,typeonly:boolean) : tnode; just after {$ifdef
FPC_HAS_STR_CURRENCY}

3° c:=92233720368547; // The original problem
multiple operations involve *10000 (OK per see) and /10000 (not so good)
while parsing the constant to bestreal type before generating .EXE code.
(bestreal is Extended on Intel I386 and Up and Double on ARM).

4° The compiler will not compain about Currency_Value:=0.99999 whereas the
max decimal precision is 0.9999 for decimal part.

5° What I found is that only + or - operations on Currency's giving a
Currency will be generated with plain Int64 addition and subtractions.

Now what ?

It would be interesting that someone who has an ARM based machine/compiler do
some testing.

Since currency is a very good type for accounting, you know
Sum(Assets)-Sum(Liabilities)=Sum(Incomes)-Sum(Costs) -> hopefully benefit and exact,
some workarounds must be found.
A basic way to circumvent the risks when absolutly necessary would be something like what is decribed next, not very Pascal clean I must admit :

- Insure that the compiler will not see a literal currency when assigning or
calculating  a precise value containing a literal currency value.

so short example, look at the ASM code generated.

var
c: currency;
lInt64:Int64 absolute c; // Avoid use of Currency
begin
 c:=0.99999; // Accepted by the compiler ... and rounded to 1
 c:=0.99986; // Accepted by the compiler ... and rounded to 0.9999
 c:=0.99984; // Accepted by the compiler ... and rounded to 0.9998
 { The easy way but uses the FPU }
c:=92233720368547; // <- that might be wrongly evaluated by the Compiler (FPU usage) but nothing will be visible in the generated ASM regarding FPU evaluation, except in your case, an invalid HEX value
 c:=c+0.01; // <- uses FPU
 writeln('c+0.01 with FPU=', c);
 { Clumsy but no FPU usage while compiling and executing }
lInt64:=922337203685470000; // <- You can test but my bet is that it probably always correctly evaluated by the compiler
 lInt64:=lInt64+100; // Equivalent to c:=c+0.01
 writeln('c+0.01 indirect no FPU=', c);
 readln;
end;

Your subject has been interesting and I'll be careful now with rounding and Currency.

:-) Thanks Bruno for your detailed insight

For now I lost patience and have reinstalled Win98 on same computer (same CPU)
I have again reinstalled Lazarus 1.2.2 + FPC 2.6.4
And recompile test application again.
Now are results correct !!!

So culprit was not OS nor CPU but something else has to be wrong.
I will carefully install other applications and check if problem will again appears. For now I have no idea what has confused FPC to generate wrong binary representation of mentioned currency value.

-Laco.