On Wed, 14 May 2014, Rainer Stratmann wrote:

On Wednesday 14 May 2014 16:14:32 you wrote:
On Wed, 14 May 2014, Michael Schnell wrote:
On 05/14/2014 03:56 PM, silvioprog wrote:
http://silvioprog.github.io/brookframework/

Of course I did find this already by checking your initial post.

But this did not help much for finding out what kinds of tasks the
"brook" is really useful for.

Developing any web based application.

Is an additional program required, for example Apache?
Or does it run without any additional programs?

Both approaches should be possible.

Brook (last I looked) is based on fcl-web, which means you can embed it in a cgi, fastcgi, apache module or standalone application that acts as a webserver.