On 31.05.2014 11:57, Vincent Snijders wrote:

<mailto:pascaldra...@googlemail.com>>:

    On 31.05.2014 05 <tel:31.05.2014%2005>:53, Kenneth Cochran wrote:

        I'm attempting to port GExperts from Delphi to Lazaurus and
        noticed the
        definition of TPropInfo differs from Delphi's.

        In FPC's TPropInfo the PropType field is PTypeInfo whereas in
        Delphi it
        is PPTypeInfo. I'm not sure what is actually gained by this
        extra level
        of indirection but it exists none the less.

        Are there any plans to update TPropInfo to be compatible with
        Delphi or
        do I need to  wrap dependent code with compiler conditionals?

    There are no plans as we have to stay compatible with our own old
    codebases as well. You'll need to use compiler conditionals.

I think it is possible to write code without $ifdef (valid for Delphi
and FPC) if you use the typeinfo unit to extract the information.
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/typinfo/

No, that is exactly the point. Compare the declaration of TPropInfo in Delphi and FPC:

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/XE3/en/System.TypInfo.TPropInfo
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/typinfo/tpropinfo.html

In Delphi you have PropType as PPTypeInfo while in FPC you have PTypeInfo.

Regards,
Sven