> So my question is: which are the easiest way to save records without this
limitation?
> Is there something like a persistent list?

Not with static data record. That one do only support shortstrings, because
it contains actual data. Other strings are just pointers, which will be
saved as pointers as well, thus cannot be used for things like this. For
dynamic data, you have to work a little harder by using untyped file.
Dynamic data can easily be represented as length followed by data. Length
can be 1-n bytes, depending the maximum length of data you want to support.