On 02/10/2014 12:19, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>>> Reinier: did you get as far as looking in Dynlibs for an error message
>>> immediately after trying to connect to the database?
>>
>> No, I didn't.
>
> Assuming you've got >= 2.6.2, modify your code to look like this:

Sorry to be a bit abrupt here but I'm not really interested in tweaking
this either. I've submitted a bug report which was closed. If anybody
else wants to look into this, fine by me, but I won't spend any more
time on it.

Some background: if I'm using e.g. FPC-provided units that just happen
to load dlls dynamically (such as sqldb but probably also others) I, as
a programmer, do not necessarily know or want to know that
implementation detail. Rather than messing with havint to adapt code for
those scenarios I'll just not use the initalization sections at all as I
documented on the wiki.

Thanks for all the help.