On 12/3/2014 5:09 PM, Bart wrote:
On 12/3/14, Ralf Quint <freedos...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 12/3/2014 12:27 PM, Bart wrote:

Windows.FindFirstFile however treats ? as exactly 1 character AFAIK.
And is I'm not mistake this was also the case with TP in the old days.

A quick test in a Windows 8.1 command prompt:

I don't dispute teh way cmd/command treats ? in dir, I merely stated
that the OS function FindFirstFile des not do it like that.
(And so we should not change FindFirst/FidNext behaviour.)

you are confusing me, now... is not the ""OS function"" the same as what the command interpreters use?? shouldn't the results be the same? as a ~30 year veteran with computers, i surely expect them to be the same... perhaps i'm just fscking old? ;)